= the IP Address of:
if available: Existing Main Network Router
or if no router: Existing DHCP Server
or if neither of above are present: Repeater
to-be-Configured, 192.168.0.30, by default.
1. Power up the Network Range Extender (Repeater) and wait ~30sec. for
2. Configure a wireless client PC with the following settings, to access the
Note: It may also be possible to access repeater via wired
Ethernet; not outlined here.
such that: c
= an available integer [2-254]
or the matching subnet setting on the repeater
Gateway = 192.168.0.g
such that: g
= final quartet of the
use the DWL-G710 as a temporary/makeshift Wireless Access Point without
DHCP, the following additional parameter must also be entered on all
Preferred DNS Server =
= the IP address of the primary DNS
server already being used by the existing network
WAP Mode, The Repeater's Default Gateway must also =
below, and modify step#11 accordingly.
3. Using the client PC,
browse to http://192.168.0.30 (default) or the Repeater's current IP
4. Log into the Repeater. The default login information is as follows:
user = admin
pass = <blank>
5. Click the Wireless tab at the top of the config page.
6. Click Site Survey and/or enter the SSID and channel of the network
you wish to attach to.
7. Settings for SSID Broadcast, Security, Authentication,
and WEP Encryption must match the existing network's settings
8. If the existing network employs WEP, WPA-PSK, or
WPA2-PSK for security, the WEP Mode section must be filled out
with a minimal requirement of one (1 of 4) HEX or ASCII Keys
being entered to match the existing network's security settings.
9. Click Apply.
10. Admin password and Repeater IP may be customized as
11. Gateway setting on Repeater should be set to match the
variable at this point.
12. Subnet Mask setting on Repeater must match the subnet of the main
network Router and/or DHCP Server.